Microwaves are one of the most commonly used appliances in homes across the world. Unfortunately, they can also be one of the dirtiest. If you’re not careful, food particles and grease can build up over time and make it more and more difficult to clean your microwave. And if you’re like us, cooking food in a gross microwave is a no-no. With that in mind, let’s learn how to clean a dirty microwave without the hassle.
Here’s How to Clean a Dirty Microwave Fast
A dirty microwave doesn’t have to be intimidating. With a few simple steps, you can have your microwave looking like new in no time at all. Let’s learn how to clean a dirty microwave quickly and easily.
Clean a Microwave With Lemon and Water
You’ll need a few supplies for this task – lemons, water, and a microfiber cloth or sponge.
- Start by cutting the lemon in half and squeezing the juice into a bowl of water. You can place the lemons in the water as well for extra measure, and then place the bowl in your microwave.
- Next, turn the microwave on for about five minutes. The lemon and water mixture will start to boil and produce steam that will help loosen food particles, grease, and grime from the inside of your microwave.
- Once the timer is done, leave everything in there for an additional five minutes so it can all cool down.
- When the time is up, take out the bowl and carefully wipe down the inside of your microwave with a microfiber cloth or sponge.
- You should be able to easily remove all the dirt, grease, and grime!
Cleaning Tough Microwave Stains
If there are still stains after completing the lemon and water method, you may need to use a bit more elbow grease.
- Take some baking soda and mix it with a few drops of white vinegar until it forms a paste. Spread the paste over any tough stains or spots on the inside of your microwave and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- After that, use a damp cloth to wipe the paste away. You may need to use a bit of scrubbing for tough stains, but the baking soda should loosen them up and make it much easier.
- Finally, if you find any area that still looks grimy or stained, follow up with some glass cleaner and paper towels until it’s sparkling clean!
And you’re all done – your microwave looks as good as new!
Learning how to clean a dirty microwave doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With just a few simple steps and some common household ingredients, you can make your appliance look like it’s brand new again in no time. So go ahead, give it a try and show off your sparkling clean microwave.
Good luck and happy cleaning. And remember for any appliance repair needs Best Service Company is just one quick call away!
P.S. Now that your microwave is clean, check out our microwave cooking tips and how to clean stainless steel while you’re here.