A glass cooktop can provide a clean, modern look to any kitchen. If your cooktop is coated in grease and grime though, those good looks go right out the window. But the real question is how to clean a Maytag glass cooktop without damaging it? We’ll detail how to safely clean glass top ranges by using the best glass stove top cleaner and effective stain-removing techniques.
Cooktop Maintenance 101: How to Clean a Maytag Glass Cooktop Without Damaging It
Concern over cleaning a glass stovetop can leave food stains lingering, making them harder to clean. Our step-by-step guide details how to clean a Maytag glass cooktop without damaging it. We’ll also share simple maintenance tips to keep your stove looking like new.
Glass Cooktop Cleaning Preparation
Maytag glass top stove cleaning starts with your safety: always make sure the stove is off and cool or warm to the touch before beginning. Next, gather the following supplies to have on hand:
- Glass scraper
- Affresh Cleaner
- Non-abrasive scrub pads
- Paper towels
The following steps detail how to clean a Maytag glass top stove safely and effectively.
Step #1: Remove Large Food Particles
With a damp paper towel, remove any large food particles and heavy spills from the glass cooktop. There’s no need to pick up everything, only the largest food remnants, and heaviest spills.
Step #2: Use Glass Scraper
One of the key pieces of knowledge on how to clean a Maytag glass cooktop is the use of a glass scraper. While the stove is still warm, use the glass scraper to remove caked-on spills and stains. Wear an oven mitt to protect your hands and follow these tips for best results:
- Hold the scraper at a 45-degree angle
- Apply pressure to effectively remove residue
- Wipe away any scraped up particles with a damp paper towel
Step #3: Apply Cooktop Cleaner
Pour a few drops of Affresh Cooktop Cleaner directly onto stained areas. Using the blue scrubbing pad that comes with the cleaner or another non-abrasive pad, rub the cleaner into the stains. Apply pressure as needed. Allow the cleaner to dry to a white haze on the glass stovetop for 10-15 minutes.
Step #4: Remove Cleaner and Polish Cooktop
Remove the cleaner by rubbing it away with a clean, dry cloth or paper towel. Continue to wipe the surface of your Maytag glass top stove with the cloth or paper towel to give it a final polish.
Optional Step for Stubborn Stains
Sometimes additional steps are required to clean a Maytag glass cooktop without damaging it. We suggest these cleaning steps for any lingering stains:
- Soak old dish towels or rags in a bowl of hot water with a few drops of dish soap.
- While the rags are soaking, sprinkle the glass cooktop with an even layer of baking soda.
- Gently wring out the hot, soapy rags and lay them on top of the baking soda for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the rags and use them to wipe up the softened debris and baking soda.
- Dry and polish the cooktop with a microfiber cloth.
Glass Cooktop Maintenance Tips
Regular maintenance can go a long way to preventing heavy staining of your glass top stove. To keep tough stains at bay, we suggest these tips for everyday use:
- Clean up wet spills as quickly as possible, especially if they’re sugar-based foods that can rapidly adhere to the surface.
- Refrain from dragging heavy pots and pans across the glass surface. Lift cookware to move it and take care to remove any food stains from pan bottoms to avoid scratching the surface.
- Use metal or wood cooking utensils. Plastic can easily melt on the cooktop’s hot surface, leaving it irreparable.
If you don’t know how to clean a Maytag glass cooktop without damaging it or have another range concern, call Best Service Company. We can help with any stove and cooktop repair!